- This event has passed.
Northeast Area Elementary School Hardhat Tour & Networking
May 4, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Wednesday, May 4th, 3pm – 7pm
Northeast Area Elementary School
7649 Gum Spring Road, Rosedale, MD 21237
Tickets for this event are available on the Eventbrite website at the link below. Ticket prices range from $15 to $50, depending on membership level.
About This Event
CMAA Baltimore and SMPS Maryland are proud to jointly present a Hardhat Tour of the new Northeast Area Elementary School, and Happy Hour at Wayward Smokehouse.
As you prepare to attend the ASBO Conference, come and enjoy this behind-the-scenes tour of the new Northeast Area Elementary School, facilitated by Baltimore County Public Schools, Whiting Turner and GWWO Architects. During this tour, you will get the unique opportunity to walk throughout the facility under construction, and gain perspective from the owner, designer, and the contractor.
After the tour, join us at Wayward Smokehouse for happy hour, where you will have a chance to network with industry colleagues and meet your next teaming partner!
Speakers for the event include:
- Philip Maddox, Manager of Construction – Baltimore County Public Schools
- Trevor Hicks, Project Manager – Baltimore County Public Schools
- Paul Hume, AIA, LEED AP, Senior Principal – GWWO
- Brian Minnich, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, Associate – GWWO
- Representative from General Contractor, Whiting-Turner
Learning Objectives for the tour:
- Learn about the design intent and how it has transformed into reality
- Learn about the requirements of sustainable and renewable resources and how it was integrated into the design
- Learn about safety and security requirements and the implementation
- Learn about challenges affecting the build-out of the project during the pandemic
- Find your next teaming partner
Attendees of this event are eligible for 1 CEU from either AIA or CMAA.
**This site is an active construction zone. You will need to wear appropriate attire, including a hardhat, closed-toe shoes, and a safety vest. If you do not have a hardhat or a safety vest, and need to borrow one, please contact email@example.com. A visitor agreement and release will need to be signed prior to entering the construction site. Please email the completed waiver to Klund@wainet.net. The waiver can be viewed/downloaded at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y9z-PITw0dFs2n8dXGPALHqrS_Nv-Ff1/view?usp=sharing
Due to the nature of the event, no walk-ins are permitted.
Parking for the tour is available on-site.
The Happy Hour will be at Wayward Smokehouse following the tour. Address is 8161 Honeygo Boulevard, The Avenue at White Marsh, Nottingham, MD 21236
Cancellation/Refund Policy: This event will take place, rain or shine. In order to receive a refund, reservations must be canceled 48 hours prior to the start of the event. If you do not cancel your reservation within the required time period, a refund will be forfeited.
Tickets: Tickets for this event are available externally on the EventBrite website. Click the GET TICKETS button below.